Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Letter From Our Pastor

Dear Church Family,

Let me begin by saying how much I appreciate all of you for your prayers, thoughtfulness and donations of your time and efforts during my absence for back surgery.  Thank you taking care of the church and taking care of those in need. I especially appreciate Brother Robert for stepping up to the pulpit and continuing to deliver God’s message while I was out.  God has blessed Traci and myself with a wonderful church family.  I could never ask for more than all of you!

Always remember to be vigilant in sharing the gospel and good news of Christ, not just with our words, but by our actions each and every day.  Let us look outside of ourselves and our walls and search for those that have never been saved. We live in a world that is very self-centered and with a “what’s in it for me” attitude.  While this may be okay for the world, it is not okay for us.  We are commanded to serve and spread the gospel. 

Speaking of spreading the gospel, Mr. Lester Smith stepped down at the end of May as one of our exceptional team of teachers.  He has led his Sunday School class at Community Chapel for 11 faithful years.  All in all, he has taught Sunday School for about 50 years. That is quite an accomplishment! We can all learn from his example and his willingness to share the gospel to help expand God’s kingdom.  Let us all show our love and appreciation for him  and all of our  teachers!  I greatly appreciate everyone for all that is done in any capacity to help out at the church.  I encourage more of you to get involved and do the same.

Just a couple of reminders:  Father’s Day is June 21st, so let’s not forget our dads!  Vacation Bible School takes place July 6th through July 10th.  We are in need of volunteers.  Please contact Brother Robert or Mrs. April if you would like to help out.  I also urge you to bring your children and grandchildren to participate in this wonderful learning experience.     

Love you all,

Brother Bo



No comments:

Post a Comment