Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Letter From Our Pastor

Dear Church Family,

On September 20th we celebrated National Back to Church Sunday.  We had 200 in attendance!  Children played games, enjoyed the space jumps and movies, youth played in a basketball tournament and enjoyed the spaces jumps as well.  In the Fellowship Hall, adults played free bingo games and won prizes.  The most exciting part of the day for me were the salvations and rededications that happened during the morning service.

I’ve been asked on several different occasions why I focus on numbers when it comes to church attendance.  The answer is very simple; if people come to church, they hear God’s word.  Scripture tells us in Isaiah 55:11 - so is my word that goes out from my mouth:  It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”  So you see, when you invite the unchurched and they come to hear God’s word, lives will be changed and souls will be saved.  That’s why I urge all of you to share your faith with others.  

I want to remind everyone about “Unite To Ignite” (a community-wide worship service). It will be held on Saturday, October 24th at 4:00 p.m. at Abundant Life Church, located on 147 Lower Woodville Road.  I would like a good representation of our church to attend this service.

October, November and December are very busy and important months in our church.  We have Fall Festival on Saturday, October 31st  from 6 until 9 p.m., the Thanksgiving Service and Fellowship Dinner on Sunday, November 22nd and last but not least, our Christmas Service on Sunday, December 20th.  There will be no fellowship dinner in December, but we will have our Christmas  parties on various dates.  What an exciting time of the year! 

Let me remind you to check your calendars and attend as many events as you can and be in church every time the doors are open.  Scripture tell us in Hebrews 10:25 -  “not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”

Thank you for your faithfulness and all that you do for the Kingdom.

Love you all,

Pastor Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment