Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Letter From Our Pastor

Dear Church Family,

It is July and it’s starting to get hot!  I’m very grateful that we had a relatively cool spring and our summer so far has not been oppressive.  If you look at it in a positive way, we really only have about 10 weeks of what you could call really hot weather.  You see, by mid-September things will start to cool off slightly and the humidity will go down.

I know that you are saying  to yourself, I wonder why Brother Bo is spending time on the weather.  Here is the reason:  I once had a friend say to me, “I wish it could just be warm all of the time - not hot, not cold, just warm.”  I took this as a teaching opportunity and explained to him that hot or cold is good.   The scripture tells us in Revelation 3:15 that God would rather us be hot or cold rather than just luke warm.  Beyond our needs in nature for the seasons and changes in the temperature, God calls us to live a life of extremes.  We should be either on fire for him or not at all so that people are not confused.  We as the church should never send mixed messages.  My prayer for you and myself is that we always be on fire for Him.

Let me close by saying a very special thank you to all of you for your donations of your time and money for our sound system and building fund.

Also, please pray that God moves the IYC youth attendees and that each of their lives will be effected in a tremendous way.

Yours in Christ,
Brother Bo


No comments:

Post a Comment